Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Happy Anniversary

Dear Kids (This blog is really for my kids to read when they are older),

I know that you know this already but I want to tell you again how much I love your Ima. Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary! We met when I was 3 and Ima was 1 (no photos to prove it!) thanks to our parents meeting and becoming friends in Eretz Yisrael. And we reconnected 16 years later when I stopped in London and stayed with the Shaffers on the way back from Yeshiva. Your Savta suggested that Ima skip school that day to accompany me on my double decker tour of London. We didn't know each other and felt kind of awkward, but off we went exploring The Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, and Big Ben. We quickly clicked and I told someone back home that summer that I was going to marry that girl one day. We were so lucky to find each other, a girl from London and a boy from Boston, and it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.

You see, your Ima is not only the best Ima in the world, an amazing educator, a friend to so many, and someone who is always Osek B'tzarchei Tzibbur B'Emunah. She is that and so much more. But for me she always has been and always will be my best friend. Ima is kind, humble, creative, supportive, strong, giving, and much much more. When no one else believes in you, or when you doubt yourself, she is there to remind you how special you are. She always puts others first and makes everyone she speaks to feel like they are exactly who she wanted to be speaking with at that moment (it's not an act - she really does!)

God knows we have been through a lot in our 23 years of marriage. But through it all I have been so blessed to have your Ima at my side. I thank Hashem for this unbelievable gift every single day. I wish for you guys not only to realize what an incredible, loving Ima you have, and to try to be as much like her as you can, but also to one day find someone to share your life journey with who will love you and be there for you like Ima is for me. If you do you will have the most incredible journey of love and friendship.

Happy Anniversary Elisheva! Here's to many more, B'Ezrat Hashem, happy and healthy years to come...

וַיִּקַּ֨ח אַהֲרֹ֜ן אֶת־אֱלִישֶׁ֧בַע בַּת־עַמִּינָדָ֛ב אֲח֥וֹת נַחְשׁ֖וֹן ל֣וֹ לְאִשָּׁ֑ה
(Shemot 6:23) 

No comments:

Post a Comment