Friday, June 22, 2012

Our Life In A Truck

Yesterday was one of those days you will never forget. The movers came and packed the truck with all our life's possessions. Even after weeks of sorting, sifting, throwing away, selling, and giving away, we still had about 250 boxes of books, toys, papers, dishes, etc... When did we get so much stuff? And how did we fit it into a 3BR condo for 9 years? As the moving truck was pulling away, all I could think about (aside from how physically and emotionally exhausted I felt) was how none of that comes with us to the next world. As I said to my wife Elisheva at the time, we should live and be well for many more years, with God's help. But when the time comes all we will be able to take with us is our Maasim Tovim, our good deeds. I hope the truck with our Maasim Tovim will be even more packed than the huge truck that pulled away yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment