Monday, July 2, 2012

The Passenger In My Car

In Shema we are told to speak about Torah (ודברת בם) at home (בשבתך בבתך), on the road (ובלכתך בדרך), and when we go to bed and wake up (ובשכבך ובקומך). Today I had the chance to fulfill ובלכתך בדרך while driving. Since we are driving 2 cars I have been on my own in one car while Elisheva drives the other. However, in a certain sense I have not been alone. I have been listening to Rav Aharon Rakeffet's series on the history of Rav Soloveichik. It's great stuff if you love Jewish History, are a student of The Rav, and enjoy beautiful Divrei Torah. And it's especially great for me to listen to my Rebbe, Rav Rakeffet, speaking about his Rebbe, The Rav. Although it has been 11 years since I sat in Rav Rakeffet's shiur in Gruss Kollel in Israel, listening to the shiurim brings me right back and connects me to my Rebbe. It just goes to show you the impact that a Rebbe can have on a student even years down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment